Sunday, July 3, 2016
Adopt A Goat
I've been trying to figure out ways to support the goats on this farm. The current milkers pay for their feed, but the pet wethers, kids, and retired ladies do not. The cost of feed, minerals, essential oils - for health and the occasional vet bill is becoming cost prohibitive. It is important to me to care for these goats for their entire lives. When I make the commitment to keep a kid, that means I'm committing to 14-17 years. Not only do I have a dairy farm, but I allow the old retired goats to live out the rest of their lives in this peaceful home. Goats develop life time relationships with other goats and are very stressed when they are removed from their friends and clan. This is why I try to not sell anyone, particularly the older goats.
So I have created an "Adopt a Goat" program to help with expenses. Have you ever wanted to own a goat, but have no place to keep them? Well here is your chance. I'm offering subscriptions to Adopt A Goat. It costs a minimum of $55 per month to feed and care for an adult goat. There are 3 levels of adoption: Helper $10/month, Maintainer $50/ month or Sustainer $100/month. There is also the option of a one time year payment with a discount off of the monthly payment.
The benefits to you:
Helper Level - This level will feed your goat for about one week
1. Knowing you are helping care for loving goat so she/he can stay with her family.
2. Yearly visits to the farm to bond with your goat.
3. Photos and your goat's special history.
Maintainer Level- This level will feed your goat for one month
1. The above benefits
2. You get to choose who you want to adopt from the available goats.
2. Monthly updates on your goat
3. Two bars of goat milk soap
Sustainer Level: - This level will feed your goat and help pay for herd vet bills
1. The above benefits
2. Monthly visits to the farm to bond with your goat.
3. Four bars of Full Moon infused goat milk soap.
4. Special invites to attend events in the life of your goat (birthings etc)
5. At the end of your goats life you have the option of receiving some of their cremated remains.
Adopted goats will remain on the farm of Westfarm Goats to be cared for and loved for their entire life.
To Adopt A Goat Click on the Subscribe button in the sidebar.
There seems to be a problem with the Subscribe button - I'm trying to figure it out.