Thursday, March 29, 2018

Wrestling Daisy

So many times I wish I had a video running in the barn yard. I've been doctoring Daisy for mastitis. She is just 2 years old and not bred, so it is unusual for her to have mastitis, but it happened. This meant I had to hold her while inserting medicine into her udder. Note Daisy is about 60# and I weight slightly less than 100#. I had hold of her pretty well as she is trying to bite my ear and of course trying to get away. Somehow, she jumped and we fell backwards. I'm now laying on my back with a goat upside down on top of me. I know if I let go, I won't catch her again and the medicine has not been administered. Have you ever tried to get up off your back only using your elbows with half your weight laying on you??? Well it is not easy and actually would have been funny to watch!


Daisy is on the right. She is with Meadowsweet her twin sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment